Azacitidine drug information (Vidaza, Pharmion)
75 mg/m2/d sc qd x 7 days q4w
First Treatment Cycle
- The recommended starting dose for the first treatment cycle, for all patients regardless of baseline hematology laboratory values, is 75 mg/m2 subcutaneously or intravenously, daily for 7 days.
- Patients should be premedicated for nausea and vomiting.
Subsequent Treatment Cycles
- Cycles should be repeated every 4 weeks.
- For both SC and IV, the dose may be increased to 100 mg/m2 if no beneficial effect is seen after 2 treatment cycles and if no toxicity other than nausea and vomiting has occurred.
- It is recommended that patients be treated for a minimum of 4 cycles. However, complete or partial response may require more than 4 treatment cycles.
- Treatment may be continued as long as the patient continues to benefit.