Cytarabine Idarubicin Vorinostat consolidation
Revision as of 03:56, 9 October 2012 by Palmdoc (Created page with "==Cytarabine (Cytosar), Idarubicin (Idamycin), Vorinostat (Zolinza) consolidation== Preceded by Cytarabine_Idarubicin_Vorinostat_induction therapy. ===Regimen=== *[[Vorin...")
Cytarabine (Cytosar), Idarubicin (Idamycin), Vorinostat (Zolinza) consolidation
Preceded by Cytarabine_Idarubicin_Vorinostat_induction therapy.
- Vorinostat (Zolinza) 500 mg PO TID on days 1-3
- Cytarabine (Cytosar) 750 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 4-6
- Idarubicin (Idamycin) 8 mg/m2 IV on days 4-5
6-day course x up to 5 cycles
- Methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol) (note: the paper spelled this as "salumedrol"--it's assumed this is what they meant) 50 mg IV on days of cytarabine to prevent fever and rash
To be followed by Vorinostat (Zolinza) maintenance therapy.
- Garcia-Manero G, Tambaro FP, Bekele NB, Yang H, Ravandi F, Jabbour E, Borthakur G, Kadia TM, Konopleva MY, Faderl S, Cortes JE, Brandt M, Hu Y, McCue D, Newsome WM, Pierce SR, de Lima M, Kantarjian HM. Phase II Trial of Vorinostat With Idarubicin and Cytarabine for Patients With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myelogenous Leukemia or Myelodysplastic Syndrome. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jun 20;30(18):2204-10. Epub 2012 May 14. link to original article contains verified protocol PubMed